Followers



Tuesday 17 August 2010

Sunflowers...on a rainy day!


Hello...
I've been checking out some challenges and stamping some new images today while looking out my kitchen door at a grey drizzly day...(oh and I also made a cauliflower cheese).
So I thought that we were all in need of some sun...so how about some Sunflowers!

I used my trusty daisy punch with two colours of yellow card and used some dark wooden buttons for the centres. Check out 'One stitch at a time' challenge which asks us to use our Punches this week.

The papers are DCWV and Wild Rose Sudio. Finishing touch some yellow velvet ribbon. This is a really simple card and one that can be re-created in many different colours.

We took the girls to Marwell Zoo yesterday which was a glorious day. They seem few and far between this August. I will sort out the photos and show you some later.
I'm off to have some tea now and then do some colouring tonight....
Thnaks for visiting...please leave me a little comment...I so love reading all your news. TTFN..xxx

10 comments:

  1. those sunflowers would brighten up anyones day!!! ~gorgeous card
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab sunflowers, really beautiful card

    ~Thanks for joining in with pack a punch at OSAAT this week
    good luck
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one,Sally...I'm a great sunflower lover...and always try to grow some.
    We're hoping to go to Port Lympne zoo next week...just hope the weather improves...think we had our summer early this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cheery card Sally.

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I've got that punch and those papers and would never have thought of putting them together - looks fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sally, I love the card! It's really professional, love the 3D flowers :-) Oh and did you have to mention cauliflower cheese!!?! I LOVE cauliflower cheese like nothing else (perhaps even more than chocolate!) - it's the cheese sauce you see. I can eat it and eat it till I POP! ;-) Dulcie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work! Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT, and we'll have a new challenge for you tomorrow, so don't forget to check in :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous - Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
    hugs,
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh, I love this Sally - sunflowers are my favourite!
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG - you just brought on a flashback moment. I can remember taking the Horror's to Marwell when the little one was about two. He pointed to a hippo, said "nice piggy" and started trying to climb over the fence to get to it...eeeeek!

    ReplyDelete