Followers



Sunday 18 April 2010

An old dog....


Good morning to you!
I am posting up early today as we have a busy day ahead of us...This was supposed to go on here yesterday but there were problems with the BT exchange in our area so no computer ...all day!!!
I had some card orders come in on Friday and one of them is for a Nan's 80th birthday! The theme given to me was a dog in a garden...and this card is an exact copy but without the '80th birthday Nan' quote on it. I loved how it turned out so I wanted one for my stock basket.

I used my very old Sizzix dog die and the last scrap of this beautiful floral paper.
As it was for an older lady I wanted to make it look a bit more vintage so I used a cream background with a darker sage green for the layers. This also ties in with
Die Cut Dreams Challenge this week which is 'Vintage...No colouring allowed'

The butterflies are from my stash and came from Wilkinsons! Layered punched flowers with tiny jewel centres...Martha Stewart doily punch top and bottom.
Other challenges are;
One Stop Craft challenge....'things with wings'
Flutterby Wednesday...'Butterflies, Fairies or Angels'
Bizzy Becs Creatalicious Challenge...'Flowers and wings'
The Creative Cottage Challenge...'Things with wings'

Gold organza ribbon around the centre and just a few ties of the dusky pink.

Thanks for visiting and pop back tomorrow for all the news and gossip from our busy day! Bye for now...♥

12 comments:

  1. this is so pretty Sally, I love the cut out grass you've added, really makes your card pop

    Thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams this week

    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sally, love your wee dog.
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally this is so cute.
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supercute card! I'm so glad you joined the DCD challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card. I love the fresh colours and the beautiful borders.
    Thanks so much for joining in with our 'Things with wings' challenge at OSCC this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sally, so cute and reminds me of spring. Thankyou for joining in at Die Cut Dreams this week, Hope you can join in next week too.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so adorable!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card love the pretty papers. Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. sweet card love the design and the cute little dog! Thanks for joining in this weeks Creative Cottage Challenge, I hope you will join us again. hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is simply adorable..Thanks for joining us at Crearalicious..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable,such a sweet puppy and a beautiful scene you have created!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is darling! Love it! :) Thanks for fluttering with us. :)

    ReplyDelete