Followers



Monday 4 May 2009

Bright and Breezy....


I managed to get the family out and about for some sea air and some shopping today! Caught the train to Portsmouth at 10am for a breezy walk through Gun Wharf Quays...Bought a box of card in the Papermill shop...lovely colours and looked for some clothes for my eldest daughter who has grown out of 10 dresses and all her shoes from last year.
Back home and we went to the May Fair by the Village Hall/Playing Field. Watched a dance display. Poor girls looked frozen.
Bought a couple of cakes while little one had a go on the Bouncy castle and had a go on the Brownies Tombola!
Then ended up in Sainsburys...which was virtually empty...to look at clothes for 11 year old! Funny in between age. Everything I picked up for her was met with a Grimace and everything she picked up ..I did the Grimace!
The card today..Summer sitting Tilda...The background was made from leftover bits from my Just Magnolia challenge..I like it when I can use up a few odd bits of card.
Hope you have all enjoyed your Bank Holiday!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had a very busy day...typical Bank Holiday weather.
    I like the Papermill for card as well...so much choice of colour and thickness and at a reasonable price.
    You may have to get used to the grimace,Sally... at that age they begin to think they're grown up...and we know they're still children...a very funny 'in between' age!!
    I really like your sitting Tilda...and it's so nice to turn scraps into a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card... so sweet!

    Greetings,
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful Sally. So sorry for the lack of comments recently, we always seem to be fighting to go on the computer these days, sure I will get back to normal soon!
    LOL!
    Glad you like the nails, hope your DD has seen them...
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a stunning card, love the image and the little scene that you have created, love it! Sounds like you had a fab day, I felt tired just reading about it LOL!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete