Followers



Tuesday 25 August 2009

A closer look at Christmas....


Hello dear blog followers...
I am feeling very happy this evening... BUT...also a bit of a noodle head, as I have had my camera for 8 months now and finally bothered to read the manual and look up where the macro button is!
So now I can also post up some close up shots of the detail on my cards. I have been watching Craft Day on QVC and have been very good...not bought anything but got out my ribbon box and taken some inspiration from the monochrome palette that is popular.

These die cut penguins were very popular last year and I had 2 left so I got to work adding some glitter to the hat and putting him in my Sizzix scallop.

These little tags were in the half price sale at Lakeland in January last year.

And the ribbon is from a supplier who has a unit next to one of my friends. They are the discontinued samples, so I get them all in half metre lengths.

I don't know about you but I think anything goes this year. I even saw pretty pink floral paper with reindeer embellishments from K&Co. Just gorgeous.
Hope you have all been as good as me!
More close ups from now on...Bye!

3 comments:

  1. A really cute card,Sally....glad you're getting to grips with your camera....think mine is to simple for all the technical stuff...can't even get green right!!
    Am about to sit and watch the Sizzix bit on QVC....hoping for some ideas....rather than spending!
    Had a great day with Kathy...nice to meet someone I chat to so much online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card... and great photos!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely card Sally I have this QK die he is so cute I will have to get him out now you have inspired me.
    Lol I will have to look at that stamp that looks like you !!!
    shame you have windy weather its a bit windy here but the sun is beaming just need the wind to drop.
    right off to post my latest project on the blog something very different for me this time !!
    hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete